Subject: Re: Java exec recognition
To: alanp <>
From: Todd Vierling <>
List: current-users
Date: 11/03/1997 18:13:26
On Mon, 3 Nov 1997, alanp wrote:

: > >A Java recognition module for the exec() family.

: Could we co-ordinate the Java work in NetBSD?  I am working on getting
: JDK 1.1.4 working under NetBSD/sparc and I would like to make sure my work
: isn't conflicting with anyone else's.

Don't worry; this won't conflict.  What I proposed (and will probably churn
out next week) was just a way for the kernel to recognize a .class file
being executed, and call the appropriate interpreter ("java", "jre", ...)
automatically.  It would still need a full JDK or JRE....

== Todd Vierling (Personal; Business
== I know you like the Internet, Bobby.  Now go eat your Frosted Flakes.