Subject: Re: Java exec recognition
To: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@pa.dec.com>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: current-users
Date: 11/03/1997 11:17:15
On Mon, 03 Nov 97 11:02:03 -0800
 "Chris G. Demetriou" <cgd@pa.dec.com> wrote:

 > It should probably be a sysctl, based on exec type.  "oh, for a better
 > sysctl()."
 >
 > Of all the things you might want to add a system call for, this
 > shouldn't be one of them.  8-)

The point is that I don't really want to add a new exec type.  You can
consider things that require an interpreter like this to be "scripts".
The trick is determining which script interpreter to give the script to.

If you can have multiple different non-#! script types handled, you
can't really use a sysctl() for it.  (Well, not in the traditional
sense... sysctl turns knobs, it doesn't add things to lists, etc.)

NAS: M/S 258-6                                       Work: +1 650 604 0935