Subject: Re: NetBSD logo
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Ty Sarna <tsarna@endicor.com>
List: current-users
Date: 11/03/1997 10:45:54
In article <Pine.NEB.3.96.971102134628.28651G-100000@dream.future.net> you write:
> >["mutli"-ness of octopus logo idea]
>
> that would fill that aspect of NetBSD.  What about the fact that NetBSD is
> pretty compact and efficient (not bloated)?

Ok, so make it a svelte octopus :-) [never thought I'd use those two
words in the same sentance...]. One nice thing about the daemon is that
he's small-looking. I mean, I look at him and I just know that in real
life he'd be about 3' tall.

Anyway, I don't think we'll find one mascot of any kind that will
represent all qualities of NetBSD.

Ooo, another idea: the "Sourcerer's Apprentice" broom.  (ignorigng the
trademark problems for a moment...).  Clean, small, fast, and it
certainly can be "multi" :-)

> > Anyone remember Richard Scarrey books from their childhood? I remember one
> > had a picture of an happy, smiling, octopus selling paintbrushes (one in
> > each hand, er, tentacle). Something along those lines, maybe. A
> > different tool in each tentacle. And one can be a red pitchfork :-)
>
> nope.. wasn't born here but I got the drift.

I'll have to stop by a bookstore soon and see if I can find which book
and page number, so others can see what I'm talking about. It's not just
the octupos I like, it's the particular way it's drawn.