Subject: Re: check condition on first tape usage...
To: Matthew Jacob <>
From: Andreas Wrede <>
List: current-users
Date: 11/02/1997 20:22:09
On Sun, 02 Nov 1997 12:46:35 PST Matthew Jacob writes
> I'm sorry- I lost this mail... who was it that had the problem with
> the scsi tape driver not eating the unit attention on first access?

That was me. Here are the details:

st0(ncr0:4:0):  Check Condition on opcode 0x0
    SENSE KEY:  Unit Attention
                EOM Detected
   INFO FIELD:  32768
     ASC/ASCQ:  Not Ready To Ready Transition (Medium May Have Changed)

The INFO FIELD takes on different values, in addition to 32768 I have seen
2048 and no INFO FIELD at all (=value of zero, I guess).  The EOM Detected
sense key is not always present.

Andreas Wrede              Planix, Inc.         Networking, System Administration, Consulting      Toronto, Ontario, Canada