Subject: Re: Making NetBSD Competitive
To: Mark Andres <mark@ratbert.aisol.net>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: current-users
Date: 11/02/1997 04:20:36
>Hi,
>
>I also will happily volunteer to work on the www.netbsd.org pages. They
>are going to need a lot of updating.  Ideally, we would have individuals
>in charge of each port, with a single person coordinating the site to give
>at coherency, sort of like an editor-in-chief.  I know that on the mac68k
>port side, we have a whole parallel set of pages set up that are much more
>up to date than what is on www.netbsd.org.  I would like to see that
>information merged into the main site at www.netbsd.org.

This is a nice idea.  But first you need to get approval and an
account with suitable access from the NetBSD Core Group.

I know that Simon Burge -- who even used to be a developer in the 0.8
or 0.9 days -- volunteered to do much the same thing for the pmax
pages.  I (as portmaster) encouraged Core to let him do it.  So far,
Core hasn't answered either my emails or Simon's.  (both of us have
sent more than one.)