Subject: CDROMs
To: None <>
From: Gordon W. Ross <>
List: current-users
Date: 11/01/1997 12:26:39
> Date: Fri, 31 Oct 1997 18:19:01 -0800 (PST)
> From: Bill Studenmund <>

> On Fri, 31 Oct 1997, Tom T. Thai wrote:
> > can we put all the files for all arch on one CD?  or maybe 2?  one src and
> > one bin?
> Compressed or not?
> Compressed, I think so. The source is about 45 MB, [...]

That reminds me: the BSDisc has the sources compressed - something
I discovered only after buying it, and which made it basically
useless for me.  I wanted it so I could look at the old sources.
If I wanted the sources on disk, I would not have bought the CD!
(Had to use disk space to uncompress the source tar files.)

I hope any CDROM makers will try their best to include all the
sources in non-compressed form!