Subject: Re: Linux and FreeBSD support (was Re: RealAudio)
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: John F. Woods <jfw@jfwhome.funhouse.com>
List: current-users
Date: 11/01/1997 11:47:55
>    Yahoo runs FreeBSD on all of their servers and provides free advertising
> to help support the project.

OK, that makes sense.  Perhaps The NetBSD Foundation could ask some of the
larger sites using NetBSD to do something similar.  (There might not be any
with the visibility of Yahoo, but surely there must be SOMEthing.)

Having just sent a note arguing that designing logos isn't of critical
importance, I will now make myself look like a COMPLETE IDIOT and argue that
it is probably very useful.

I have a link on my server's root web page to the NetBSD pages, but it's just
a text link.  (OK, so I'm one of these crabby old farts who still thinks that
the web ought to be about hypertext...)  It might, however, be very useful if
there were a collection of small images, maybe 100x100 or whatever the typical