Subject: Re: NetBSD improvements WAS Re: RealAudio
To: Simon J. Gerraty <sjg@quick.com.au>
From: Ted Lemon <mellon@hoffman.vix.com>
List: current-users
Date: 10/31/1997 23:29:21
> Why not?  Sure some/many? archs do not support booting from a CD,
> but that does not mean you can't provide a boot floppy image and then
> install the rest from the CD.

No, no, that's exactly the opposite of the problem.  I think that most
architectures actually _do_ support booting from CD-ROM - even many
newer PC BIOSes do.   So for which architecture do you make CD
autoboot?   Do you have one CD per autobooting architecture?   That
would certainly be most convenient.   An autobooting pmax install CD
would make the pmax install about a gazillion times easier, for
example.

			       _MelloN_