Subject: Re: Sendmail without (permanent) DNS access
To: Takahiro Kambe <taca@fxis.fujixerox.co.jp>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@rumolt.teuto.de>
List: current-users
Date: 10/29/1997 16:27:02
> Or you might re-compile sendmail with adding '-DNAMED_BIND=0'
> CFLAGS in the Makefile.

Hmm, this gets overwritten by sup ;-)
No, if I would like to use some local mailer stuff, I'd do that.

It should be easy to disable the dns query by a config option.

The service table looks like the way sendmail wants this to be done now,
so I'll set that up as well. I think my current solution works, but waits
for a DNS timeout before delivering each mail...

Better yet would be a sendmail integrated into its environment. I can tell
every program to look up /etc/hosts first by /etc/resolv.conf - and I did so.
Sendmail doesn't, but requires me to setup another table(!).

Martin