Subject: Re: sup fix
To: None <mcr@sandelman.ottawa.on.ca>
From: Mike Long <mikel@shore.net>
List: current-users
Date: 10/28/1997 19:48:05
>Date: Tue, 28 Oct 1997 18:29:08 -0500
>From: "Michael C. Richardson" <mcr@sandelman.ottawa.on.ca>
>
>  For those that are moving from a sup built some time ago to a sup
>that comes with -current, you might want to patch the -current sup
>with http://www.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca/tmp/supfix.
>  I'll PR this if someone wants.
>
>  It also deals with endianness, but is a hack since it depends on the
>"high" byte of time being 0x34 (which it is this year).

What problem, exactly, does your patch fix?

If the problem is that -current sup uses ASCII-format when.* files and
the sup "built some time ago" uses the original CMU binary format,
then a solution already exists.  When sup was in othersrc, there was
an extra cvt.c file which could be compiled and used to convert
old-style binary when.* files to the new-style ASCII format.  I would
hope (although I haven't checked) that that file came along when sup
was moved to src/usr.bin.
--
Mike Long <mikel@shore.net>                http://www.shore.net/~mikel