Subject: ld.so.13.0 needed when make build
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: current-users
Date: 10/26/1997 19:25:44
Short answer: this is a Makefile bug that broke the snapshot build.
Either wait for a fresh snapshot or rebuild /usr/usrc/usr.bin/xlint. and
re-install it *BY HAND* into /usr/bin/lint.

>I recent successfully make build for oct 24, 1997 (except the xlint).
>Today I download the oct 15, 1997 (1.3_ALPHA) and make the new kernel.
>When I tried to make build, the system stop at /usr/src/usr.bin/xlint/llib
>which ask for ld.so.13.0 by /usr/libexe/ld.so (I had install the new ld.so).

There is a bug in the src/usr.bin/xlint which causes the rebuilt lint
to get installed into the root of the build tree.  THis happened about
the same time as libc.so.13 was backed out. As a result, some
snapshots (e.g., the pmax pre-1.3-ALPHA snapshot I kicked out this
weekend) still include old, bogus /usr/bin/lint binaries.

It's been fixed in the Makefiles in -current. I expect it will show up
in supland tomorrow.  But you'll have to either rebuild lint yourself
or wait for a new snapshot.