Subject: Re: is librpcsvc missing -I${.CURDIR} ?
To: None <mikel@shore.net>
From: Ronald Khoo <ronald@demon.net>
List: current-users
Date: 10/25/1997 23:35:52
> [ in /usr/src/lib/librpcsvc, I had this problem ]
> >cc -O  -Werror -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Wpointer-arith  -c bootparam_prot.c
> >bootparam_prot.c:6: bootparam_prot.h: No such file or directory
> >*** Error code 1

> Not really; the source of the problem is that dependencies between
> generated code and the tools that generate it (rpcgen here) are not
> (and should not be) encoded in makefiles.
>
> Build and install rpcgen(1).  Then, if you use objdirs you can fix the
> problem by typing:
>
> # cd /usr/src/usr.sbin
> # rm rpc.*/obj/*.[ch]
> # make && make install
>
> If you don't use objdirs you'll have to 'make cleandir'.  Things like
> this are why I strongly recommend that everyone should use objdirs
> (make obj).

Actually, that didn't help, but pointed me in approx the right
direction.  I had to do

% cd /usr/src/lib/librpcsvc ; rm *.h ; make

then the problem went away.  I wonder how the .h files ended up there
with the .c ones in obj.  Weird.  Anyhow it's fixed now.  Thanks.

--
Ronald Khoo <ronald@demon.net> Voice: +44 181 371 1000 Fax: +44 181 371 1150