Subject: Re: /usr/X11R6 or /usr/X11 ?
To: Jim Wise <jimw@numenor.turner.com>
From: Dave Burgess <burgess@cynjut.neonramp.com>
List: current-users
Date: 10/23/1997 18:10:09

> On Tue, 21 Oct 1997, Soren S. Jorvang wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > However, i suspect choosing /usr/X11R6 has merely been a matter of choosing
> > the XFree86 default. If so, please (whoever is maintaining it) consider
> > /usr/X11 .
>
> Actually, X11 straight from the X consortium uses X11R6 (or X11R6.minor)
> as well.  Does _anyone_ use /usr/X11/ for X11R6?

lrwxrwxr-x  1 root  wheel  5 Jun 22  1995 /usr/X11 -> X11R6

While I'm certainly no authority, it seems that I do.

The reason is fairly simple.  I didn't have a clue which one would be
considered 'right', so I did both.

--
Dave Burgess                   Network Engineer - Nebraska On-Ramp, Inc.
*bsd FAQ Maintainer / SysAdmin for the NetBSD system in my spare bedroom