Subject: Re: Off tangent X question...
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Shyeah right. What am I gonna do with a gun rack? <greywolf@starwolf.starwolf.com>
List: current-users
Date: 10/23/1997 15:30:11
Thanks to everyone who sent me suggestions; I'm grateful for the response.
It turned out that I was playing some funny games which depended upon the
C preprocessor (which xrdb is SUPPOSED to honor <grrr>), and for some reason
even though the resources got loaded, they were never recognized.

I trimmed back the number of resources and tossed them into a single
.Xdefaults file (hard-linked to be .Xresources as well; perhaps I should
just ditch .Xdefaults since it's no longer the canonical name), and
reloaded them, and all is well again.  It's especially nice that I can
change the fg/bg/cr/ms/pointerColorBackground resources with escape
sequences, so I don't need massive sets of differently named xterms
and massive menus to give me a good selection of colors anymore.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled chaos Re: 4.4.4 BSD UNIX :-)

				--*greywolf;
--
				-=*=-
	"Did her eyes at the Turn of the Century tell me plainly