Subject: Re: how do I configure PPP to do this?
To: John F. Woods <jfw@jfwhome.funhouse.com>
From: Manuel BOUYER <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: current-users
Date: 10/23/1997 15:35:10
On Oct 23, John F. Woods wrote
> I would like for outgoing connections to come from "my" network,
> rather than from the PPP address.  I've tried adding an alias by
> putting it in /etc/ifaliases, but it doesn't appear to stick;
> netstat -i reports no additional addresses on the ppp interface after
> it comes up.  If I add the alias after ppp is up, the alias appears,
> but connections are still branded with the original ppp address.

Well, nothing prevents you from using the same address for your ethernet and
ppp interface. When my ppp servers gets an incoming call, the ppp interface
is configured with the same adress as its ethernet, netmask 255.255.255.254,
and all run nicely.

     {Net,Free}BSD: 21 ans d'experience feront toujours la difference