Subject: Re: Audio SunOS compatibility
To: Lennart Augustsson <augustss@cs.chalmers.se>
From: Feico Dillema <dillema@acm.org>
List: current-users
Date: 10/20/1997 11:49:29
In message <199710190802.KAA27620@animal.cs.chalmers.se>you wrote:

>I've now changed our audio API to be (almost) SunOS compatible.
>This required a few changes to the interface described in audio(4)
>and could conceivably break some programs, but it's very unlikely.
>
>I also had to make some (very minor) changes in the low level device
>drivers and most of these I cannot test.  So I'd be happy to hear from
>users of the following drivers if they work or not: aucc(amiga),
>melody(amiga), lmcaudio(arm32), vidcaudio(arm32), audioamd(sparc),
>gus(i386), guspnp(i386), pas(i386), and pss(i386).

I'm using the gus driver on a gusmax card. About a week ago (13 october???)
I rebuild to -current for the first time since about a month. So I guess,
my current system is from before your changes mentioned above. Nonetheless,
my current audio is broken. I only did a very minimal test; playing
an Alaw audio file (`the way it worked before') gave DMA-timeout error
messages and it hangs. From then on the audio device is `busy' also
after killing the audio-player...

Feico.