Subject: Re: Sunday's sup, getty problems...
To: D. Jay Newman <jay@sprucegrove.com>
From: Erik Bertelsen <erik@sockdev.uni-c.dk>
List: current-users
Date: 10/13/1997 16:16:53
On Mon, 13 Oct 1997, D. Jay Newman wrote:

.. Hi:
..
.. I did a sup Sunday night, and competely rebuild the system on my test-
.. machine.

.. I get a login prompt; the system sits for a few seconds, then I get another
.. login prompt (repeat until bored).

Have you ever played with SKEY logins on that machine ?? Login(1) has been
updated with respect to the handling of SKEY (according to the cvs commit
messages), and on a machine where I have set my own user name up to
work with SKEY (but never actually uses it), login stopped working as you
describe it.

I did not really bother because ssh still works.

regards
Erik Bertelsen