Subject: Sunday's sup, getty problems...
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: D. Jay Newman <>
List: current-users
Date: 10/13/1997 09:13:58

I did a sup Sunday night, and competely rebuild the system on my test-

(i386, Pentium Pro 180, 64 meg RAM, 3 SCSI disks, Adaptek PCI UW controller)

Once I rebuilt the world, I can't login normally, and I can't use the
old kernel.

I get a login prompt; the system sits for a few seconds, then I get another
login prompt (repeat until bored).

It was late, so I didn't try to go single-user and see if that worked.

It also seemed to mount my disks strangely (sd2 was mounted as an
"entropy source").

Any help will be appreciated.
D. Jay Newman                   ! For the pleasure and the profit it derives              ! I arrange things, like furniture, and   ! daffodils, and ...lives.  -- Hello Dolly