Subject: Re: Setting SLIP MTU? Using a particular PPP interface?
To: Matthias Scheler <>
From: Mason Loring Bliss <>
List: current-users
Date: 10/12/1997 11:10:36
On 10/10/97 at 1:06 AM +0200, you wrote:

> No, the slip driver doesn't support SIOCSIFMTU. At the moment you can
> only set the slip MTU via the kernel option "SLMTU".

I'm on a pretty slow system, and compiling a kernel is a most-of-the-day
process for my machine. So, before I go ahead and do it, is the format I

options        SLMTU=2002

If not, what's the proper format? SLMTU doesn't show up in `man 4 options`,
and none of the example config files I have include it.

Thanks in advance for the information!

Mason Loring Bliss
awake ? sleep() : dream();  If a cow laughed, would milk come out her nose?