Subject: Re: Non-BGP multihoming
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@portal.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 10/11/1997 16:38:27
On Fri, 10 Oct 1997, Jason Thorpe wrote:

> I think it sounds like a fine feature.

We are going to use a sysctl for turning this on, right? I can
think of situations where this could be a big loose.

(E.g., you buy transit from provider A, and peer with provider B,
and have separate interfaces for the two. If somehow a packet is
delivered through B from someone not on B, you'll never be able to
reply to them.)

cjs

Curt Sampson    cjs@portal.ca	   Info at http://www.portal.ca/
Internet Portal Services, Inc.	   Through infinite myst, software reverberates