Subject: newfs overwrites non-UNIX filesystems
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <James.Graham@Schwab.COM>
List: current-users
Date: 10/09/1997 13:39:41
Does anyone else here feel as though a patch to newfs prevent
accidental overwriting of a non-UNIX-type filesystem would
be worthwhile?

Is anyone else interested?  I submitted a patch to core, but
one of core responded to me calling it an "egregious hack",
this after I thought I had seen sufficient interest in this.

The patch basically tested the type  of filesystem being
newfs'd and printed a warning and requested a confirmation
unless a (new) -F flag had been given.

If there is sufficient interest, I will make the patch public;
otherwise I'll let it drop.

--*greywolf; /* Schwab Institutional TEchnology [SITE] */
----
WARNING: Replies to this message are subject to archival and review by
the
Charles Schwab & Co. Mail Archival And Retrieval System.  Keep this in
mind when
replying to this message.

DISCLAIMER: Unless otherwise noted, the opinions contained herein do
*NOT*
reflect the opinions or policies of Charles Schwab & Co.