Subject: Backed out update to dhclient.c
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Ted Lemon <mellon@hoffman.vix.com>
List: current-users
Date: 10/08/1997 14:47:22
Somebody who shall remain nameless checked in a change to
src/usr.sbin/client/dhclient.c today, against my specific request that
no changes to the dhcp code be checked in to the NetBSD tree other
than by being imported from the Internet Software Consortium source
pool.   Checking in such changes makes it more painful for me to
integrate ISC changes into the tree, which is why I made this request.
It's really my fault that this happened - I should have mentioned that
I'm planning to do a minor snapshot that before the code freeze so
that I can fix dhcp-related PRs.   Sigh.

Anyway, the upshot is that if you did a cvs update after about 3:30 AM
PST, your copy of dhclient.c has a version number on it which cvs will
find to be bogus.   The easiest fix is to cd to
/usr/src/usr.sbin/dhcp, type ``rm -rf client'' and then ``cvs update
-d client''.   If you have made your own changes to code in the client
tree, this obviously won't work for you, though.

			       _MelloN_