Subject: relative mountpoints
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Andreas Wrede <>
List: current-users
Date: 10/06/1997 13:29:29
If mount(8) is called with a relative path as the mount point for the
filesystem, it will mount(2) it with the relative path. umount(8) will
always turn a relative path into an absolute path before umount(2)ing the
filesystem.  This makes it impossible to umount a filesystem that was
mounted with a relative path.

Unless I am missing something, this is probably not the intended behaviour.
But which one is right? I suspect mounting on a relative mount point is a
bad idea but I could see some interesting possibilities.

Andreas Wrede              Planix, Inc.         Networking, System Administration, Consulting      Toronto, Ontario, Canada