Subject: sparc kbd patch for headless machines (PR port-sparc/4208)
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
List: current-users
Date: 10/03/1997 09:31:23
Available at ftp://ftp.duh.org/pub/NetBSD-hacks/sparc/kbd.diffs is a context
diff (relative to /usr/src/sys/arch/sparc, and applicable to sources after
October 1) that allows configuring the "kbd" pseudo-device completely out of
a kernel.

If there are adventurous souls here that want to try it out (I have no easy
physical access to my sparc box for a week and a half), please do, and
report its status.  It seems simple enough, and makes the "pseudo-device
kbd" a real honest-to-goodness _option_.  :)  I'm working on doing the same
for /dev/mouse and /dev/fb, who currently have no such option.

I'd especially like to hear from someone who can compile it out but attach
a keyboard anyway...and then type a few characters once the kernel is up.
(I want to make sure that ignoring the keyboard interrupt doesn't cause
problems.)

=====
== Todd Vierling (Personal tv@pobox.com; Business tv@lucent.com)
== I know you like the Internet, Bobby.  Now go eat your Frosted Flakes.