Subject: Re: while we're looking at old bugs
To: Jim Wise <jimw@numenor.turner.com>
From: Simon J. Gerraty <sjg@quick.com.au>
List: current-users
Date: 10/03/1997 12:13:11
>On Thu, 2 Oct 1997, John F. Woods wrote:

>> > mv x y 2>&1 |fgrep -v "useless message"
>>
>> An extra process just to discard a message of no possible use (warning you

>Listen.  You're the one who is calling mv with invalid arguments in the
>first place, so don't get sarcastic when people don't want to modify it
>not to object...

I'll have to look through PR database to find it, but as I recall
the case that I PR'd  it is not _possible_ to avoid this warning
unless you want to toss the sticky bit on /tmp or do equally silly
things to your system.

So I'd say "calling mv with invalid arguments" is unfair.

--sjg
--
Simon J. Gerraty        <sjg@quick.com.au>

#include <disclaimer>   /* imagine something _very_ witty here */