Subject: Re: Questions about 1.3
To: Marc Baudoin <Marc.Baudoin@solsoft.com>
From: Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi>
List: current-users
Date: 10/02/1997 19:50:31
On Thu, Oct 02, 1997 at 05:42:05PM +0200, Marc Baudoin wrote:
> > 2. Will 1.3 have a complete locale support with 8-bit aware ctype/string
> >    macros and libc routines?
>
> This has already been commited to -current many months ago though
> I have not tested it yet (I'm still in 1.2).

Good (I thought someone told me he was working on these a long time ago,
I just couldn't remember if he was working on some subset of the problem
or fixing the whole thing for good :-)

Hm, another part of my brain just told me that I have actually done some
work on translating some messages into Finnish.... it would be interesting
to know how the brain works.. 'cause mine doesn't... ;)

  -jm

--

                       1503 kHz @ 21:30 EET DST Mon-Fri

                     ---> http://www.jmp.fi/~jmarin/ <---