Subject: Re: pkg_install
To: Erik E. Fair <>
From: Jim Wise <>
List: current-users
Date: 10/01/1997 21:44:24
On Wed, 1 Oct 1997, Erik E. Fair wrote:

> (as an aside, I was very pleasantly surprised when that after upgrading to
> NetBSD from SunOS 4.1.4, and reviewing the contents of the standard system -
> about half of my /usr/local/bin got freed up, and I stopped having to think
> about maintenance of those programs - Bravo).

Hear hear!  I've been using NetBSD since 1.0A, and the last few months
is the first time that I really felt unconstrained on a generic -current
install with no local software added.  (Much as 1.1 was the first time I
felt comfortable with NetBSD for limited production use.  By 1.2.1, I
felt quite happy putting it in heavy production use, and am doing so to
this day...)  My thanks to all who have made NetBSD the great product it
is today.

				Jim Wise