Subject: Re: pkg_install
To: Erik E. Fair <fair@clock.org>
From: Jim Wise <jimw@numenor.turner.com>
List: current-users
Date: 10/01/1997 21:44:24
On Wed, 1 Oct 1997, Erik E. Fair wrote:

> (as an aside, I was very pleasantly surprised when that after upgrading to
> NetBSD from SunOS 4.1.4, and reviewing the contents of the standard system -
> about half of my /usr/local/bin got freed up, and I stopped having to think
> about maintenance of those programs - Bravo).

Hear hear!  I've been using NetBSD since 1.0A, and the last few months
is the first time that I really felt unconstrained on a generic -current
install with no local software added.  (Much as 1.1 was the first time I
felt comfortable with NetBSD for limited production use.  By 1.2.1, I
felt quite happy putting it in heavy production use, and am doing so to
this day...)  My thanks to all who have made NetBSD the great product it
is today.

--
				Jim Wise
				jim.wise@turner.com