Subject: Re: pkg_install
To: Markus Illenseer <>
From: Colin Wood <>
List: current-users
Date: 10/01/1997 12:36:49
Markus Illenseer wrote:
> > 	68000
>  This asumes that Atari, Amiga and the Mac-port are finally binary-compatible.
> Are they? (I dont now)

I'm pretty sure that they are (and probably hp300 and sun3 as well,
although I don't know for sure).  The only binaries that will break are
ones that rely on hardware-specific things.  Due to recent changes, I
think that all three can even share the same /usr hierarchy.

> > 68020? 68030? 68040? 68060?
>  I vote for 020. Everything else is downward-compatible. The 060-optimization
> of the GCC is, err, non-existant.

Sounds good to me.

Colin Wood