Subject: Re: pkg_install
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: current-users
Date: 10/01/1997 15:28:24
> It gives us an interesting M x N problem. 9GB disks are getting
> cheaper, and there is ccd...

I recently got (paper) junkmail from a local disk reseller, pushing 26G
drives.  Yup.  Twenty-six gigs in a single drive.  (They weren't cheap,
but I think they were not out of line for their capacity.  I think it
was 26G - between 20 and 30, certainly.  I also didn't investigate
whether they were real gigs or disk-manufacturer gigs.)

Of course, even at 16 partitions per pack, they'd be good for not much
but enormous filesystems like an M×N port matrix. :-)

					der Mouse

			       mouse@rodents.montreal.qc.ca