Subject: Re: bin/2932:
To: Curt Sampson <cjs@portal.ca>
From: David Brownlee <abs@anim.dreamworks.com>
List: current-users
Date: 09/30/1997 16:17:58
On Tue, 30 Sep 1997, Curt Sampson wrote:

> On Tue, 30 Sep 1997, David Brownlee wrote:
>
> > 	Assuming we had a rebuilt build system, would we still be defining
> > 	options in /etc/mk.conf?
>
> No.

	Damn.. I should really have handled that case in my last mail :)

	Comments about the need for a new build system aside, either the
	functionality is worth having or not. If so, it should probably
	be implemented in both the old and the new, unless it really
	does complicate matters.

	I'll try to rework a version that uses individual variables and
	won't require any subshells (even when NOBUILDs are defined),
	submit it onto the end of PR #2932.

	I'm not up to reworking the entiure build system, so if at that
	point neither version or any variation thereof is acceptable, I'll
	just use it myself, and leave it for anyone else who wants to do
	so :)

		David/abs

	-- Whom computers would destroy, they must first drive mad. --