Subject: Re: bin/2932:
To: David Brownlee <abs@anim.dreamworks.com>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
List: current-users
Date: 09/30/1997 15:05:22
On Mon, 29 Sep 1997, David Brownlee wrote:

: 	Because the added functionality would be of real benefit for
: 	some people (Why should I have to go in and pick out the stuff
: 	I never wanted compiled in the first place), and costs virtually
: 	nothing for everybody who never uses it (One variable test)

It costs much less if it's not there.  Try the other option given--a
lowercase `makefile' in the target directory with the contents below will
suffice nicely, and let you zero in on _any_ directory in the tree you don't
want built.  Voila!  And you didn't even have to _touch_ /etc/mk.conf.  You
could even put this somewhere like /usr/src/makefile.skip, and symlink to
it.

Can anyone think of a recursive target I've missed below?

***** makefile *****

all clean cleandir depend includes install lint:
	@echo "(Skipping ${.CURDIR})"

***** end makefile *****

: 	What complication has been introduced for anybody who does not
: 	use 'NOBUILD'?

Clutter in the .mk files, which there's certainly too much of already.

=====
== Todd Vierling (Personal tv@pobox.com; Business tv@lucent.com)
== I know you like the Internet, Bobby.  Now go eat your Frosted Flakes.