Subject: Re: Archive Python DAT problem with ahc 2940W
To: None <andreas@planix.com>
From: Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
List: current-users
Date: 09/30/1997 09:41:54
Okay, I have an Archive Python 28849, and I hooked it up the Adaptec
3940 I have, along with a wide disk, with the same cabling you had
described.

I set, in the bios, HIGH TERMINATION- this should work the best since
the adaptec is narrow && the drive is wide, so the wide lines have to
terminate somewhere. I *think* this is the right thing to do.

At any rate, with -current, this setup works just peachy. I will note
that the sync rate your drive negotiated, seemed high for this kind
of device- it would have to be using FAST at the very least, which seems
unusual for this class/era device.

-matt