Subject: Re: bin/2932:
To: Andrew Gillham <gillhaa@ghost.whirlpool.com>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@portal.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 09/29/1997 16:39:46
On Mon, 29 Sep 1997, Andrew Gillham wrote:

> > 	What complication has been introduced for anybody who does not
> > 	use 'NOBUILD'?
>
> Well, perhaps none, if the changes are only to /etc/mk.conf.  Otherwise
> it is "Yet Another Undocumented Option" :)  But probably not a problem,
> unless I happen to use variable XXX myself, not knowing it is "reserved."

Well, basically it's more crap in a build system that's been
accreted, not built, and desperately needs a cleanup rather than
having more crud piled on top of it.

cjs

Curt Sampson    cjs@portal.ca	   Info at http://www.portal.ca/
Internet Portal Services, Inc.	   Through infinite myst, software reverberates