Subject: Re: problem with pppd 2.3.1?
To: Paul Goyette <paul@whooppee.com>
From: Hisashi T Fujinaka <htodd@fls.portland.or.us>
List: current-users
Date: 09/29/1997 16:37:19
I don't know what problem you're all seeing but on my SPARC running
ppp-2.3.1 on Solaris 2.5.1, modem disconnects are no longer recognized and
my SPARC blithely sends data to my modem. I thought it was a problem with
the patches I loaded into the OS, but it sounds like it's ppp. Is that the
problem everyone else is seeing?

On Mon, 29 Sep 1997, Paul Goyette wrote:

> Hmmm.  My connect script starts off with a "stty clocal" for just this
> reason.  But it still wouldn't connect.
>
> On Mon, 29 Sep 1997, Scott Reynolds wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 29 Sep 1997, Paul Goyette wrote:
> >
> > > 'cuz it shouldn't need "local" to work.
> >
> > The obvious problem is that in pppd/main.c on line 465, CLOCAL is no
> > longer set for connect scripts.  The comment says
> >
> > 	/*
> > 	 * Set line speed, flow control, etc.
> > 	 * Previously, if we had a connection script, we would set CLOCAL
> > 	 * while the script was running.  But then, if CD was negated
> > 	 * before the script finished, we would miss it.
> > 	 */
> >
> > What I don't get is how scripts are _supposed_ to work, now...
> >
> > --scott

> | Paul Goyette       | PGP Public Key fingerprint:  | E-mail addresses:     |
> | Network Consultant |     0E 40 D2 FC 2A 13 74 A0  |  paul@whooppee.com    |
> | and kernel hacker  |     E4 69 D5 BE 65 E4 56 C6  |  paul_goyette@ins.com |

Hisashi T Fujinaka - htodd@fls.portland.or.us - Fuji Landscape Service
BSEE (6/86) + BSChem (3/95) + BAEnglish (8/95) + $3.00 = mocha latte