Subject: Re: umount of ~/bin hard to do, but unmount isn't
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: current-users
Date: 09/29/1997 15:26:21
> If I do a union mount, and specify directories via ~/, I can not
> umount them using /sbin/umount.  However, if I simply call the
> unmount syscall directly via a short program, it works fine.

Yeah.  I have patches to add a -R ("raw") flag to umount, telling it
"I don't care what you think, pass this directly to unmount(2)".  (At
the same time, I documented the -F ("fake") flag.)

I sent these in as an addendum to PR #441, but then pk closed the PR
without noticing the addendum (he noticed this afterwards, but doesn't
seem to have actually done anything with the patches).  I will be glad
to send them to anyone interested, or send-pr them again if desired.
(I really gotta find the time to push my source tree from a month and a
half old up to -current....)

					der Mouse

			       mouse@rodents.montreal.qc.ca