Subject: Re: PR bin/2932
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Erik Bertelsen <erik@sockdev.uni-c.dk>
List: current-users
Date: 09/28/1997 17:20:27
On Fri, 26 Sep 1997, Jason Thorpe wrote:

.. On Fri, 26 Sep 1997 11:29:40 -0400 (EDT)
..  darcy@druid.net (D'Arcy J.M. Cain) wrote:
..
..  > To turn off the build of sendmail.  I'm not sure what mechanism we
..  > could use since it affects the makefiles.  Anyone have any thoughts?
..
.. Actually, this could be done quite easily w/ /etc/mk.conf.

Yes, at one point, I suggested to a set of flags that may be used
in /etc/mk.conf, e.g. with the following names:

     BUILD_SENDMAIL=NO
     BUILD_UUCP=NO
maybe even
     BUILD_INET_APPS=NO

etc. The idea is that you can select to omit a single or a group of
programs from the build process.

Doing this allows me to continue having a complete set of NetBSD sources
for reference, even if I only install parts of the system.

regards
Erik Bertelsen