Subject: Re: PR bin/2932
To: None <darcy@druid.net>
From: Mike Long <mikel@shore.net>
List: current-users
Date: 09/28/1997 03:49:18
>From: darcy@druid.net (D'Arcy J.M. Cain)
>Date: Fri, 26 Sep 1997 11:29:40 -0400 (EDT)
>
>In PR bin/2932 (http://www.NetBSD.org/cgi-bin/query-full-pr?2932) Michael
>Graff talks about problems with sendmail when using another mailer.  I
>have this same problem.  I use smail which carefully implements all of
>sendmail's command line arguments so that it can be a drop-in replacement
>for sendmail.  My problem is that if I build the whole system, my smail
>version of sendmail gets overwritten by sendmail and if I don't notice
>it, my mail stops working properly.
>
>I have fixed this by using a modified version of the relevant makefile
>that has the sendmail target removed.  This mostly works but since
>starting that, sendmail was moved in the tree and sendmail was built
>and installed again.  Very annoying.

This is easy enough to do.  There are two steps:

1) rm -rf /usr/src/usr.sbin/sendmail
   src/usr.sbin/Makefile will cope; it will just print:
   ==> sendmail [skipped: missing]
   and continue on.

2) add src/usr.sbin/sendmail to your sup refuse file; see sup(1) for
   the details.
--
Mike Long <mikel@shore.net>                http://www.shore.net/~mikel