Subject: Re: man.conf and mk.conf questions
To: Perry E. Metzger <>
From: Curt Sampson <>
List: current-users
Date: 09/27/1997 14:44:37
On Sat, 27 Sep 1997, Perry E. Metzger wrote:

> It is actually useful to install the "source" man pages.
> Among other things, it makes producing printable troff'ed manuals
> possible. It also makes it possible to perform other sorts of work,
> like hypertext conversion, on the corpus.

This is true, but one can also get this by grabbing the sources
and pulling the manual pages out of there, albeit with a bit more

I suppose we could add yet another flag to our build system for
determining which set of manpages gets installed, but the situation
with flags in /usr/share/mk/* is already getting out of hand.

Curt Sampson		Info at
Internet Portal Services, Inc.		`And malt does more than Milton can
Vancouver, BC   (604) 257-9400		 To justify God's ways to man.'