Subject: Re: bin/4167: WIBNI sh supported file/command/etc completion?
To: Jason Thorpe , Todd Vierling <email@example.com>
From: Incorrigible punster -- do not incorrige <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: 09/27/1997 10:21:31
Jason Thorpe sez:
* It already uses libedit for command history and editing. I believe
* those are POSIX requirements.
You have GOT to be kidding me.
We're talking a basic shell, here, and it needs to have libedit?
Something's wrong upstairs in POSIX, methinks. The damned thing
should probably not even have job control -- that's not an in-
significant chunk of code, sizewise.
[plods away growling softly, shaking his head...]
* Jason R. Thorpe email@example.com
* NASA Ames Research Center Home: +1 408 866 1912
* NAS: M/S 258-6 Work: +1 415 604 0935
* Moffett Field, CA 94035 Pager: +1 415 428 6939
You are carrying:
one red potion
one oil lamp
50 feet of rope
Puns remaining: 0
What now? _