Subject: Re: PR bin/2932
To: Curt Sampson <cjs@portal.ca>
From: D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy@druid.net>
List: current-users
Date: 09/26/1997 15:00:57
Thus spake Curt Sampson
> I just keep a private CVS repository that I regularly import NetBSD
> into and merge. It's a bit expensive in terms of disk space if
> you're just doing little things, but it doesn't really take many
> local changes to the source tree before that starts becoming
> worthwhile.

I do something similar (I just keep copies of changed files around) but
if you modify a makefile and the program you are trying to prevent being
built gets moved then the other makefile builds it.  This is what happened
to me.  Besides, the fewer local changes I have, the better I like it.
I figure that local changes are for temporary fixes while a PR is in
the pipe and for local changes that no one else would ever want to
include.  This seems to have some marginal utility for more than just me.