Subject: Re: The name of the game: bug wars
To: Curt Sampson <cjs@portal.ca>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
List: current-users
Date: 09/26/1997 14:46:01
On Fri, 26 Sep 1997, Curt Sampson wrote:

: > - Anyone may volunteer to work on a prticular PR (or group of related PR's),
: >   by sending an e-mail stating an intention to swat a bug, and the state of
: >   the PR will be changed to "analyzed" with a tagged line stating the person
: >   attempting to produce a fix by the 1.3 freeze.
:
: Uh...a `tagged line'? Why don't you just change the Responsible:
: field? And why change the state to analysed if it has not actually
: been analysed?

If I remember gnats properly from the last time I set a server up, it
requires entries in its config line for the Responsible: party.  If someone
that's not in the server's config wants to work on it, the Responsible:
field wouldn't work.

If I'm wrong, please correct me.

=====
== Todd Vierling (Personal tv@pobox.com; Business tv@lucent.com)
== I know you like the Internet, Bobby.  Now go eat your Frosted Flakes.