Subject: Re: proposal: NetBSD system buyer's directory
To: Andrew Brown <codewarrior@daemon.org>
From: Bill Studenmund <skippy@macro.stanford.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 09/25/1997 16:12:34
On Thu, 25 Sep 1997, Andrew Brown wrote:

> >And have an option in there somewhere so root can make the message hush.
> >:-)
>
> um...er...they could use vi to edit /etc/motd and take it out?  would
> that cover it or would we need something for people who can't use
> vi/ed/ex/emacs/"cat >"?

Don't we automagically fuss w/ /etc/motd (or has it been too long since I
looked)? If so, then wouldn't we need some way of dealing w/ re-generating
the message? That auto-regeneration is what I was thinking of being able
to control. If we don't automagically re-gen /etc/motd (with that
message), then just ignore my comment. :-)

Take care,

Bill