Subject: Re: unix domain sockets with open() ability?
To: Todd Vierling , Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
From: Brian Buhrow <buhrow@cats.ucsc.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 09/25/1997 10:49:55
	Isn't this what the portal filesystem is?
-Brian
On Sep 23,  3:32pm, Todd Vierling wrote:
} On Tue, 23 Sep 1997, Matthew Jacob wrote:
}
} : Isn't this the 'streams pipe' device but with a unix domain
} : filename socket namespace?
}
} As I'm quite unfamiliar with the STREAMS aspect of SV, I can't quite say.
} What I do know is that using open() to create a connected socket to a unix
} domain socket file works somewhere that I can't remember where.  In a
} couple applications I'm writing, the ability to have separate streams with
} every open() provides a _big_ win over fifos, and the programs "connecting"
} to the sockets need only know that they are "files."
}
} =====
} == Todd Vierling (Personal tv@pobox.com; Business tv@lucent.com)
} == I know you like the Internet, Bobby.  Now go eat your Frosted Flakes.
}