Subject: Re: sys_errlist in
To: None <>
From: Todd Vierling <>
List: current-users
Date: 09/25/1997 07:24:43
On Thu, 25 Sep 1997 wrote:

: This is what I have in <errno.h>/<sys/errno.h>:
: #if !defined(_ANSI_SOURCE) && !defined(_POSIX_SOURCE)
: extern int sys_nerr;
: extern const char *const sys_errlist[];
: #endif
: #endif
: The most -current I have available adds a check for XPG3, but is
: otherwise the same.  My problem is that I am compiling some rather
: crufty K&R code---thus am using cc -traditional.  "const" is not
: legal K&R C, so the compilation aborts on this declaration.  This
: has been solved in FreeBSD by replacing the const's with __const's
: where __const is #defined as const if __STDC__ or cplusplus.

You should have no problems by replacing const with __const, and I've
actually submitted a PR for you that does just this, so it should be done by
1.3.  The macro __const is defined similar to what you are saying in the
file <sys/cdefs.h>, already included by errno.h.

== Todd Vierling (Personal; Business
== I know you like the Internet, Bobby.  Now go eat your Frosted Flakes.