Subject: Re: X questions, SLiRP v. SLIP/IP-NAT question
To: Scott Smith <smelly@spy.net>
From: Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi>
List: current-users
Date: 09/25/1997 07:52:19
On Wed, Sep 24, 1997 at 11:09:16PM -0500, Scott Smith wrote:
> Yes, I realise what he was talking about, but the only way that could happen
> was if he was running something with a *really* bad memory leak.  While it's
> possible, I really don't see how somethng like that could go unnoticed from
> the general population.  That's my opinion, anyway.  *shrug*

Again: If I build XFree86 with the internal malloc() enabled (default),
the process size never grows this big BUT Applixware (and Acroread) run
very slowly.  If I disable the internal malloc() of XFree, the process
size grows much bigger, BUT Applixware runs smoothly.  Currently, I prefer
the latter, although I'm not all that happy with the process size (expecially
on another machine which has only 24 MB of RAM and 50 MB of swap :-I ).

  -jm

--

                       1503 kHz @ 21:30 EET DST Mon-Fri

                     ---> http://www.jmp.fi/~jmarin/ <---