Subject: Re: More fsck problems?
To: None <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Thorsten Frueauf <s_frueau@ira.uka.de>
List: current-users
Date: 09/24/1997 16:09:15
Hello!

>  > Why's mount complaining that the filesystem isn't clean when fsck just
>  > marked it as clean?
> Looks like fsck_ffs isn't setting the "clean" bit, so the kernel complains
> the next time.  Gack.

Nope, thats not the problem.

> Luke?  Maybe we should just back out _all_ of the fsck_ffs changes?

This bug has nothing to do with recent lite2 changes - I am sure cause I
saw this exact bahaviour on a NetBSD/amiga 1.1 and 1.2.1 system. But I
was never able to reproduce it. It just seems to happen after some kind of
strange crash whem the system automatically rebootet. Even more strange
is, if you bring the system in single user mode, fsck and reboot again, it
is nearly always gone - until some magick crash happens again.

Greets
--

   Name  : Thorsten Frueauf            Milano@irc cri@onaliM       //
   E-Mail: s_frueau@ira.uka.de oder ukfy@rz.uni-karlsruhe.de     \X/