Subject: Re: unix domain sockets with open() ability?
To: Matthew Jacob <>
From: Todd Vierling <>
List: current-users
Date: 09/23/1997 17:47:21
On Tue, 23 Sep 1997, Matthew Jacob wrote:

: Uh, yes, this binds a filesystem name to a unidirectional (read)
: AF_UNIX socket.
: I thought what we're looking for was a bidirectional AF_UNIX socket
: that can do both reads && writes (independently) of each other.

Um, it would actually have this capability... all it needs is for open() to
return a connected socket instead of vnode based fiel (and unix sockets
_are_ bidirectional).  You _can_ use a socket unidirectionally if desired,
of course.

== Todd Vierling (Personal; Business
== I know you like the Internet, Bobby.  Now go eat your Frosted Flakes.