Subject: Re: ISDN
To: Curt Sampson <cjs@portal.ca>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
List: current-users
Date: 09/19/1997 18:44:27
On Fri, 19 Sep 1997, Curt Sampson wrote:

: > what ISDN support is there in 1.2-current...I'm looking for Ascend
: > pipeline 15 support specifically...
:
: Isn't the P-15 an external box with an Ethernet interface on it?
: If that's the case, you just plug it into the Ethernet card in your
: machine using a crossover cable, and go.

Actually, no.  The P15 is a terminal adapter a la the Motorola BitSURFR Pro.
It's more or less the next generation of Ascend's NetWARP Pro.  It can be
used like any other modem directly with NetBSD, but as far as I know,
there's no STAC compression, multichannel support, blah, blah, blah, for
NetBSD right now.

My suggestion to the original poster:  If you have a P15, trade it up for a
P75 and use an Ethernet card instead.  For the speed and flexibility, you
won't regret it.  :)  (Note I don't mention the P25:  it's a product Ascend
intends to dump in the near future.)

=====
== Todd Vierling (Personal tv@pobox.com; Business tv@lucent.com)
== I know you like the Internet, Bobby.  Now go eat your Frosted Flakes.