Subject: Re: kernel hang on boot/i386, atapi
To: Jason Thorpe <>
From: Manuel BOUYER <>
List: current-users
Date: 09/19/1997 18:34:47
On Sep 12, Jason Thorpe wrote
> It seems like the semantics for dealing with ata vs. atapi interrupts are
> wrong.  Actually, the return value semantics are wrong.
> Interrupt routines are supposed to return:
> 	1	Interrupt was ours.
> 	0	Interrupt was not ours.
> 	-1	Interrupt might not be ours.

[ I've finally got some time to took a this ]
When you says "ours" or "not ours", you mean that the driver was able to
say if his device delivered the interrupt or not ?
In wdc, I should always return 1 after wdc_ata_intr or wdc_atapi_intr (because
i know the driver was waiting an interrupt at this point) and -1 if the driver
didn't wait an interrupt. Rigth ?