Subject: Re: Giving up on the evil 486... :/
To: David Jones <dej@inode.org>
From: Mason Loring Bliss <mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us>
List: current-users
Date: 09/16/1997 11:06:30
On 9/15/97 at 9:36 PM -0400, you wrote:

> Suggestions:
>
> 1. Downgrade to NetBSD-1.1.  1.2 has always been a bit of trouble for me.

Is it possible to do this with a single floppy drive? When I snagged 1.2.1,
I ended up not trying it, because it required one more floppy drive than I
possessed. :)

> 2. Boot with the 1.2G install kernel, rm -rf your kernel source, sup fresh,
>    build and try that kernel.

Gaak... I can't manage to get files copied onto the hard drive without
serious errors, and thus haven't fully installed the comp package yet. I
think I'll look at 1.1 first, to see if I can shoehorn it in... :)

Thanks for the ideas!

Later...

--
        Mason Loring Bliss    /\    mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us